Rights and Responsibilities
MeridianComplete wants you to know that you have certain rights and responsibilities. You should always be treated with respect and dignity by us and by your doctor. MeridianComplete staff and its network health care providers strive to comply with all requirements concerning your rights.
You have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect at all times
- Be protected from discrimination
- Have access to doctors, specialists, and hospitals
- Have your questions about Medicare or MeridianComplete answered
- Voice complaints or appeals about MeridianComplete or the care it provides
- Learn about all of your treatment choices and to participate in treatment decisions
- Get information in a way that you can understand from MeridianComplete health care providers and, under certain circumstances, contractors
- Get emergency care when and where you need it
- Get a decision about health care payment, services or prescription drug coverage
- Get a review (appeal) of certain decisions about health care payment, coverage of services, or prescription drug coverage
- File complaints (sometimes called grievances), including complaints about the quality of your care
- Have your personal and health information kept private
You have the responsibility to:
- Follow plans and instructions for care that you have agreed on with your practitioners
- Supply information (to the extent possible) that MeridianComplete and its network health care providers need in order to provide care
- Understand your health problems and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals to the degree possible
- Contribute towards your own health, including following treatment plans and instructions from your doctors and exhibiting appropriate behavior
To receive more information about your rights and responsibilities:
1. Call our Member Services Department at 1-855-323-4578 (TTY 711), Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
2. Visit the Medicare website to review and download "Your Medicare Rights & Protections."
3. Call 800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Learn more about your rights and responsibilities upon disenrollment.