Billing and Payments
The following are the standard claims billing requirements for providers. Meridian follows State Medicaid guidelines for claims payment. Please follow these guidelines for claims submission to MeridianComplete:
How to Submit Claims
For faster claims processing, we strongly encourage all providers to submit claims via electronic data interchange (EDI) or online using our secure web portal. Below you'll see the clearinghouses Meridian is currently accepting electronic claims from.
Submit Claims Electronically
Meridian is currently accepting electronic claims from the following clearinghouse:
Customer Support: 800-282-4548
Claim Types: Professional/Facility
IMPORTANT: Please refer to Member ID card for changes effective on January 1, 2021, as the Payer IDs are not interchangeable.
Date of Service
|On or before
Dec. 31, 2020
|On or after
Jan. 1, 2021
Clearinghouse Enrollment for Atypical Providers
Update: National Provider Identifier (NPI) is required when billing, unless enrolled as an atypical provider. Claims will no longer be rejected at Availity for a missing NPI once you have completed the enrollment process. The rejection for a missing NPI will be received by your chosen clearinghouse and it will be their responsibility to enroll. If either the provider or chosen clearinghouse has questions about the process of enrolling as an atypical provider, you can contact the Client Services team at 1-800-Availity.
MeridianComplete may add new clearinghouses from time to time, so please contact Provider Services at 1-855-323-4578 to see if your clearinghouse partner is on the list.
Submit Claims by Mail
You can also submit claims for payment through the mail:
ATTN: Claims Department
PO Box 3060
Farmington MO 63640
If you are re-submitting a claim for a status or a correction, please indicate “Status” or “Claims Correction” on the claim.
Claims Billing Requirements:
- Providers must use a standard CMS 1500 Claim Form or UB-04 Claim Form for submission of claims to Meridian
- Providers must use industry standard procedure and diagnosis codes such as CPT, Revenue, HCPCS and ICD-10 when billing Meridian
- Specialty physician claims should include a PCP referral form and/or a corporate prior authorization number for payment
- Providers may also submit and check the status of claims electronically via the secure Meridian Provider Portal
- Claim must be original, using national or state form types as applicable. Photo or scanned copies are not accepted. The claim information must be typed, with no hand-written information other than applicable signatures